Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "The whole process was very smooth. Our driver and the local crew he brought out for our move were all TERRIFIC! All hardworking and very respectful."
M.T., June 2015
- "I am pleased with Armstrong Relocation and especially pleased with our driver! This was a first class operation. I appreciated the follow-up calls as we packed and loaded. I thought we always had a good idea of where we were in the process and what would happen next. I find that it's really hard to keep track of all the details but the parts I left to United/Armstrong went just right. Thank you!"
C.P., June 2015
- "We received great support from our coordinator and driver. Both provided us with great service and worked diligently to ensure our move went smoothly. I feel they both went above and beyond and as a result of their efforts we will certainly use and recommend Armstrong/United in the future."
A.F., June 2015
- "Our crew was very professional, organized and informative! I would definitely recommend their services."
B.B., August 2015
- "The entire delivery crew was helpful, professional, hardworking and just overall really great. We were so very pleased with the entire delivery team."
A.B., August 2015