By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "The whole process was very smooth. Our driver and the local crew he brought out for our move were all TERRIFIC! All hardworking and very respectful."
M.T., June 2015
- "I am pleased with Armstrong Relocation and especially pleased with our driver! This was a first class operation. I appreciated the follow-up calls as we packed and loaded. I thought we always had a good idea of where we were in the process and what would happen next. I find that it's really hard to keep track of all the details but the parts I left to United/Armstrong went just right. Thank you!"
C.P., June 2015
- "We received great support from our coordinator and driver. Both provided us with great service and worked diligently to ensure our move went smoothly. I feel they both went above and beyond and as a result of their efforts we will certainly use and recommend Armstrong/United in the future."
A.F., June 2015
- "Our crew was very professional, organized and informative! I would definitely recommend their services."
B.B., August 2015
- "The entire delivery crew was helpful, professional, hardworking and just overall really great. We were so very pleased with the entire delivery team."
A.B., August 2015